Are We Ready for the Autumn Wardrobe?

As we creep further into September, the nights are getting darker, the air is getting colder, and conkers are beginning to fall from the trees along with the leaves.  Shit, is autumn here already? Is summer completely over for another year? Are we all actually mentally prepared for the change?

I think there is a really mixed view on whether we're here for summer or accepting its fate. I keep seeing people who are not ready to give up their summer wardrobes for another year yet, and then I see some people already wacking on their winter coat and boots, it appears to be a confusing time of year for the best of us!

Personally, autumn is my favourite time of year, I love the slightly cooler temperature, it's not freezing, so jackets can be worn but it's not too cold to cope without one.  I feel that you can be more flexible and creative with outfits, layering tees with camisoles, long jackets, boots or trainers... the possibilities are limitless.

As I sit here typing this, I am wrapped up in my new chunky knit black cardigan and holding a hot mug of tea, isn't this what autumn is all about?  Doesn't everyone love how cosy it is?  I would much rather be cold enough to wrap up in something cosy or curl up under my duvet at night, rather than sweating my arse off in a heatwave, still having to go to work in the heat and not being able to sleep?  This is so much better.

So the question is, is it ok to fully embrace the autumn wardrobe yet? My answer is YASS.
Get ya chunky knits out, look online for that new pair of boots you've been dreaming of, buy all the Pumpkin Spiced Lattes you can possibly afford and wear that dark nude lipstick shade! This is the dream, the best time of year, where you can wear the nicest clothes and treat yourself to all the goods this season has to offer!

Fashion aside, its also the best time of year for food. You can make (and eat) all of the best comfort food! Mac & Cheese, Soups, Toasties, Chilli, and not forgetting the God of all comfort meals, the almighty ROAST DINNER.

So to round-up, we must accept the passing of summer for 2018, I mean lets be honest, that was one of the hottest summers for the longest time in a while.  It is time to fully embrace autumn in all its beauty and wear the best blazers, boots and chunky knits we have!  💖




Comments

  1. Love this! Autumn my favourite time too...less bare skin exposed! I've been desperate to get my boots back on and indeed buy some new ones. The throws are back on the beds and sofas and the wood is being prepared for the burners. Bring on the new season! Keep up the writing, really lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts