EASY Avocado Pasta Sauce Recipe [Vegetarian]




Being under lockdown is giving me the time to try out new recipes at home.  I remebered seeing a recipe for Avocado Pasta ages ago on Pinterest and I decided to try out my own version.   

I first tried out this pasta sauce a short while ago and my boyfriend and I really enjoyed it!  So I started to tweak it to our liking and this is the final recipe we have ended up with!  

As far as I can tell, it is a fairly healthy recipe, as it is mostly plant-based and can be vegan! (depending on the pasta you use).  The sauce is very light, and won't give you that horrible stodgy feeling after eating something heavy and rich.  Some 'light' recipes can be lacking in flavour though,  however, this certainly does not!  It's a win-win!

I will stop rambling now and go on with the recipe.  I hope you enjoy it and if you do try it out, be sure to let me know on here, or via my other social media platforms linked in the side bar! 

RECIPE- AVOCADO PASTA SAUCE

Easy - Vegetarian - Healthy - Serves 2


Equipment you will need: A food processor or blender (such as Nutri Bullet or the like)




INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 Avocado
  • Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
  • 2 or 3 cloves of Garlic
  • 3 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • tbsp Lemon Juice
  • Pinch Dried Mixed Herbs
  • Pinch Garlic Powder
  • Handful of Plum Tomatoes (Cherry tomatoes are also fine!)
  • Pinch Salt & Pepper (to taste)
  • Pasta of your choice (we used Penne, but would be great with Linguine!) at 75g per portion


METHOD:

For the Sauce:
  1. Prepare the sauce ingredients for blending; cut the avocado in half and score into small cubes, this makes it a lot easier to scoop out into the blender.  Peel the garlic cloves and tear off a handful of fresh basil leaves.  
  2. Pop the Avocado, Garlic, Basil, Mixed Herbs, Garlic Powder, Oil, Lemon Juice and Water into the blender.  Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and blitz.  Tip: you may need to add a little more oil and water as you go in order to thin the sauce, as it can be quite thick to begin with!
  3. Once you have the sauce blended to your desired consistency, set it aside and begin to prepare your pasta.


For the Pasta:
  1. Work out the amount of pasta you will need per portion and add it to a sauce pan.  Pour over some hot water, just enough to cover the pasta and pop the lid on the pan.  
  2. Bring your pasta to a boil and be sure to season the pasta water with plenty of salt.  Whilst the pasta is boiling, start to slice the tomatoes into halves and set aside.  
  3. When the pasta is cooked, drain in a colinder and pop the pasta back in the sauce pan.  
  4. Next, pour the sauce over the pasta, add the sliced tomatoes and stir through on a low heat.  Season to taste if you like!
  5. Finally, now that the pasta & sauce is warmed through, serve and enjoy!  



Suggestion: This would be amazing with added Pine Nuts and a little Vegetarian Parmasan added on top.

There you have it!  A nice, quick and easy pasta dish!  It has all the benefits of a healthy meal, without holding back on the flavour or the carbs!  If you do have a go at making this, please let me know in the comments below, and send me a photo!  


Happy Cooking! 








Comments

  1. That Avocado pasta sauce looks delicious!!!!!! (and healthy!!!)
    Thanks for the recipe!
    P.S.: I am a vegetarian. :D

    my blog
    my YouTube
    my Twitter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts